Sunday

Purple Almond Milk Mini Cupcakes

Why only make red velvet when you can make any colour -velvet cakes? My favourite colour is purple so I thought why not...this time using my super cute mini cupcake pan. 




This is quite similar to my Red Velvet Buttermilk Cupcakes infact I used the leftover icing which I froze. There are some differences however; the size (obviously) and I swapped buttermilk for almond milk since its what I had. I also changed the vanilla essence for some natural strawberry essence - which really came out when I tried one :)

You'll need:

A mini cupcake pan
mini cupcake cases 

Dry ingredients:
2.5 cups of flour
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder

Liquid ingredients:
1 teaspoon of distilled white vinegar
2 eggs
1.5 cups of Extra Light Olive Oil
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon of natural strawberry essence
1 tablespoon of Queen's Rose pink food colouring
1 teaspoon of Queen's Blue food colouring

Preheat your oven to 170 degrees C.
Sift all the dry ingredients and stir in together well in a large bowl.
Take another bowl, a large one you can whisk in, and add all the liquid ingredients.
Once all whisked and blended together you can start to slowly add (whilst whisking) the dry ingredients. 
Once the mixture is all evenly mixed you can start filling the cupcake cases.
Cook each batch for 12 minutes.



This recipe makes about 50 so you can divide/mulitply the quanities of ingredients as appropriate :)

I used the icing I used for the red velvet cupcakes. It was brilliant to have frozen this...
I was able to put the whole lump into my icing piping bag easily with my Wilton 2D nozzle.
I had another practice at making rose swirls and also tried out some of my own cupcake artwork.







I should really be catching up on some study...

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment